- Activity 1: Apples and Oceans
- Students slice an apple and draw a pie chart to represent the small amount of drinkable water on land, and the small portion of the ocean that is highly productive.
- Activity 2: Current Trends
- Students create currents with wind and by combining water of different temperatures and salinities.
- Activity 3: Class Action Whale
- Students act out specific body parts of whales then put the parts together to act out behaviors and adaptations.
- Activity 4: Squid Dissection
- Students dissect a squid to study its adaptations and then participate in a squid feast.
- Activity 5: The Great Plankton Race
- Students construct and race plankton models made from various materials to simulate adaptations to slow sinking. They then graph sinking rates.
- Activity 6: Blue Planet
- Students listen to, discuss and perform skits about the song Blue Planet and then make posters for a contest symbolizing Planet Ocean and environmental ethics.
- Production Credits
“” Icon made by Pixel perfect from www.flaticon.com