- Activity 1: Bird Beak Buffet
- Students role-play species of birds with beaks of different shapes and sizes. They gather different food items with their “beaks”, graph the results, and compare their feeding success.
- Activity 2: Oyster Beds
- Students make observations about oyster shells, then communicate to others, with words and pictures,what they learned about the animal’s fascinating adaptations.
- Activity 3: Bivalve Booklets
- Students explore the structure, biology and natural history of clams and other bivalves, by observing real clams, and then creating a clam booklet.
- Activity 4: Butts Up!
- Students listen to and interpret the Banana Slug String Band song “Butts Up”. They then work in small groups to transform the song into a mini-drama and stage a performance.
- Activity 5: Estuary Life
- Students listen to and interpret the Banana Slug String Band song “Estuary Life”. They work in small groups to teach each other about wetlands and then participate in a gameshow to check for understanding. Finally, they transform the song into a mini-drama and stage a performance.
- Production Credits
“” Icon made by Pixel perfect from www.flaticon.com