|Teacher training is available…
to help you implement and integrate FOR SEA materials into new or existing science programs.
The FOR SEA Teacher Training Network…
supports a cadre of outstanding "teachers of teachers". At workshops and residential institutes, teachers engage in FOR SEA hands-on activities, learn from leading scientists and science educators, practice successful marine science teaching strategies, and develop a plan for their own use of the FOR SEA materials.
FOR SEA teacher training proven successful…
in districts, schools and classrooms across the nation because teacher trainers:
A full range of workshops…
- have utilized the materials in classroom settings
- are trained by project staff in program content and adult presentation skills
- engage participants in hands-on, minds-on student activities from the FOR SEA guides
- expand participants’ marine science content knowledge
- utilize teaching methods that stress knowledge assimilation through science process skills; and,
- reduce "science anxiety" and increase teacher confidence
- familiarize teachers with successful strategies for implementing the new materials in their classrooms.
from short awareness presentations, to longer trainings and still longer residential institutes is provided by FOR SEA teacher trainers. Implementation workshops are typically one or two days in duration depending on the needs of the audience. Workshops may be provided and "tailored" for either elementary teachers, secondary teachers, or for teachers of grades 1-12 together and are most effective with no fewer than 10 participants and no more than 32.
workshop fee, presenter’s honorarium, presenter’s travel and per diem, and curriculum guide for each participant.
Call for more information…
and specifics about how to arrange a FOR SEA teacher training in your area: (360) 698-0720 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a look at some photos from our past teacher trainings.